Uncontested (Simple) Divorce
When to choose an uncontested divorce:
- Have you and your ex-husband or wife lived separate and apart for at least one year?
- Have you resolved all (or at least most of the big) issues of your case?
- Have you resolved all issues as they relate to your children?
- Are you looking obtain just a divorce?
- Are you looking for a flat-fee, predictable service?
If you said yes to all of the above questions, an uncontested divorce may be the right choice for you.
If there are issues relating to your divorce or separation that have not been resolved, you will need to start divorce, or family law, proceedings.