Family law affects some of the most personal and important part of your life — your family. Family law specifically deals with divorce and separation, and the consequences arising from the breakdown of marriage and marriage-like relationships.
Family law also addresses issues relating to children – custody and access, child support, and payment of special (extra) expenses for children, and even adoption and child protection.
Before entering into marriage, or even living with a partner, family law can add a layer of certainty to your future by allowing you and your partner to contract some aspects of your relationship through a prenuptial agreement (prenup) or a cohabitation agreement.
- Learn more about reducing or controlling your legal fees
- Learn more about the Separation and Divorce Process
- Learn more about Collaborative Family Law
- Learn more about Separation Agreements
- Learn more about Uncontested Divorces
- Learn more about Family Law Litigation
- Learn more about why you should hire a lawyer